Northern Lights Library System (NLLS) is currently seeking innovative, collaborative and highly motivated individual for the summer student position of Administrative Clerk.
Reporting to the Manager of Member Library Services, the Library Clerk is required to be between the ages of 15-30 and will be accountable for assisting in the administration and library duties within the multiple departments of Northern Lights Library System to assist with the increased summer workload and offer experience to a summer student looking to enter the Library or Education fields.
General Responsibilities may include the following but are not limited to:
• Various Administration and Reception duties
o Answer phone, emails and general inquires.
o Process mail and deliveries as needed.
o Filing and organization of system paperwork.
• Assist alongside the Member Library Services team and learn the aspects of various Library Clerk duties.
o Checking in and checking out materials.
o Processing new memberships and membership renewals.
o Contacting patrons regarding holds and overdue items
o Collecting and recording library statistics
o Completing and filing paperwork as necessary
o Performing other library duties as assigned by the Member Library Services Manager
KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
• High School Diploma or Post-Secondary Enrollment
• Valid Alberta Driver’s license with a minimum 3 years’ experience
• Possess good organizational skills
• Physically able to lift moderately heavy boxes (50lbs)
• Good verbal communication and public relations skills
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere.
This is an 8-week full time position with a regular work week consisting of 35 hours.
This position will be open until filled; interested parties to email resume and cover letter to:
Jessie Morris, Member Library Services Manager Northern Lights Library System
Postal Bag 8, Elk Point, AB T0A 1A0 Email: [email protected]
Phone: 780.724.2596 ext.2110
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.