Happy Friday, everyone! I've noticed there has been a strange problem with some Star printers recently, where they are installed and present on the computer but aren't able to print. My best guess is that this is due to a Windows update. Today's blurb will provide the steps to take to (hopefully) fix this problem.
Normally if the Star printers don't work it's due to an outdated driver, which can be solved by uninstalling the old version and installing the new. This problem however, doesn't seem to be connected to the drivers. Here are the steps that I've taken to fix this issue:
- Remove the printer from your computer. To do this, open the Control Panel and select 'View devices and printers' located under Hardware and Sound. Right-click the Star, and then click 'Remove device'. You may need to enter the local admin password for this.
- Once removed, disconnect the Star from your computer. This can be done by unplugging the smaller cable located at the back of the printer.
- Restart your computer. Make sure to save anything important before doing so.
- Once you've signed in, re-connect the Star to your computer.
- Print a test page. This can be done by opening the Control Panel, selecting 'View devices and printers' under Hardware and Sound, right-clicking the Star, and clicking 'Printer properties''. Click the button that says 'Print test page'.
- If the test page goes through, try to print through Polaris.
- If the test page does not go through, you may need to re-try these steps.
This isn't a comprehensive fix by any means, so if you're still experiencing problems with your Star printer after attempting it, please send us a help desk ticket. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!
Leave a Comment
Thanks Brandon, nice to know we can fix it ourselves! And then get a hold of you lol.
it worked just like it says it will awesome thanks Brandon