Good morning everyone! This will be the first of a few blurbs that will be geared towards improving user experience in the Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers (the browsers supported by NLLS).
Clearing your browser's cache can provide the following benefits:
- Update information such as forms that some websites use
- Fixes loading or formatting issues
- Updates outdated website information that your browser may have been storing
- Frees up hard drive space. The cache can sometimes take up a gigabyte (GB) or more
Below are instructions on how to clear the cache in Firefox and Edge.
- Begin by clicking the menu button (three horizontal bars) located near the top right of the window.
- Click the Options button, and then the Privacy & Security tab.
- Scroll down until you reach Cookies and Site Data, and then click the Clear Data button.
- From here you can choose whether to delete just the cookies and site data, which may require you to sign into certain sites again; or all cached web content, which will require sites to reload information, potentially increasing initial load times.
- If you don’t want any this information to be saved, check off the “Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” box, and then restart the browser.
- Begin by clicking the menu button (three dots) located near the top right of the window.
- Click the Settings option, and then the Privacy, search, and services tab.
- Scroll down until you’re at Clear browsing data, and then click the Choose what to clear button.
- This will allow you to clear several different types of browsing data, anywhere from the last hour to everything ever stored on the browser.
- You can also enable certain types of information to be cleared every time the browser is closed, by clicking the arrow next to “Choose what to clear every time you close the browser” and selecting what you would like to clear.
Some of the topics that will be covered in coming weeks will be: how to bookmark pages, when and when not to save information, and quality of life improvements. Make sure to stay tuned!
Leave a Comment
this is great thanks Brandon appreciate it