Digital Archivist - Temporary Position - Job Details
|Career Title:||Digital Archivist - Temporary Position|
|NAICS Code:||Information (51)|
|Modified Date:||Sep 25, 2018|
|Description:||Are you innovative, collaborative and a highly motivated, energetic individual with a passion for library services. If so, then we want to hear from you! The Northern Lights Library System (NLLS) is currently looking for a Digital Archivist to fill a temporary position for 3 months. The Digital Archivist is responsible for the digital materials for preservation, arrangement and description for historical documents pertaining to NLLS and records retention.
Education and Experience Required:
• MLIS/MLS from an ALA accredited library school program with a focus on archival studies
• Extensive knowledge of Digital Archiving and emerging digital curation practices
• 1 years experience in Digital Archiving
• Knowledge of using i25 escan digitizer would be advantageous
• Ability to create description according to archival metadata standards
• Assure consistency and quality of the description
• Demonstrate ability to set priorities, exercise flexibility in meeting objectives, effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, organizational skills with the ability to work as a team member and work independently.
• Ability to work in a dusty environment and must be able to lift up to 40lbs
• A full valid/clean Alberta driver’s license is mandatory
NLLS is a library system who serves a population of just under 175,000 people through a network of 46 public libraries and 54 municipalities. Located in Elk Point, Alberta we are two hours East of Edmonton in a beautiful rural setting and surrounded by several larger centers within half an hour’s drive. Being a member of TRAC (The Regional Automation Consortium) and TAL (The Alberta Library) we are able to offer our libraries boundless opportunities and support through partner collaboration.
Closing date for this position is December 31st 2018. Interested parties should submit a resume, including the name of three references to:
Julie Walker Executive Director
Northern Lights Library System Postal Bag 8, Elk Point, AB T0A 1A0
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Expiry Date:||Dec 31, 2018|
|Company:||Northern Lights Library System|
|City:||Elk Point, Alberta|
|Postal code:||T0A 1A0|