Public ServicesPublic Services Operational Policy
Reading Calendar Dates
Please click here for a list of relevant literary dates, along with other special occasions.
This can be used by library managers and staff to promote new themes, programs, and social media posts. Please confirm dates before sharing them, in case they are dates specific to 2016 instead of 2017.
- The following documents are now available from our 2012 SRP training session:
Plastic Card Rollout Procedures Oct 2014(update)
merging patron overdrive barcodes
The workshop slides
An example of a flyer
Riddles of the Day
- We have available a template for a Lost Items Invoice Letter.
- A training video showing patrons how to use the volume/multipart feature is available. Take a look!
- TRAC Operational Guidelines - June 2018 Please read over them carefully.
- Literary Awards: Wondering where to look for good literature? New Books? Recommended titles? Please visit the Children's Literature Web Guide for a listing of children's literature award sites.
- VisuCAT: The CNIB has a new link to VisuCAT for libraries. Please contact us if you need your library's username and password to request books.
- Book Clubs: Looking to start a book club? Check out information that has been compiled for useful tips and ideas.
- Collection Development
1. Weeding guidelines (breakdown by Dewey)
2. Weeding philosophy & methods (with instructions on how to use the Polaris collection and weeding report and how to use a record set to withdraw items)
3.Selection factors for collection development
4.List of selection tools held by NLLS.
- NLLS Shipping Labels
- NLLS DVD Cleaning Procedure
- Item Delivery. Information about government courier, system van run and Canada Post.
- TRAC / TAL Patron Registration Forms
- Filling out your Annual Report
- Access Annual Report forms and other information, at the Public Library Services Branch website.
- Programming Kits List
- Do Not Copy Label Templates for DVDs and CDs are available. They are set up for Avery 5160 labels (standard address labels)