Public Services Corner
- The following documents are now available from our 2012 SRP training session:
- We have available a template for a Lost items Invoice Letter.
- A training video showing patron's how to use the volume/multipart feature is available. Take a look!
- Library Managers' Council Meetings - Next meeting will be October 24th, 2012 (Library Managers' council bylaws available here).
- TRAC Operational Guidelines - May 2011 Please read over them carefully.
- Literary Awards: Wondering where to look for good literature? New books? Recommended titles? Please visit the Children's Literature Web Guide for a listing of children's literature award sites. (Updated Nov. 1, 2011)
- VisuCAT: The CNIB has a new link to VisuCAT for libraries. Please contact Colette if you need your library's username and password to request books.
- Book Clubs: Looking at starting a book club? Check out information that Colette has compiled for useful tips and ideas.
- Collection Development
- Weeding guidelines (breakdown by Dewey)
- Weeding philosophy & methods (with instructions on how to use the Polaris collection and weeding report and how to use a record set to withdraw items)
- Selection factors for collection development
- List of selection tools held by NLLS